2012年2月15日水曜日

How Many Carbs Are In Chicken Breast?

how many carbs are in chicken breast?

Low Carb Swiss Chicken « Healthy Happy Mel

 

 

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I hope you've all had a fun day and are out doing something fun tonight!

Kev and I really don't want to fight the crowds or wait 2 hours to go to dinner (I know, we're party poopers.) So, we're going to get some takeout and go to a late night movie. Fun.

*************************

Well I'm still pluggin' away at the low carb stuff and I feel great! I really do. I haven't had too many cravings, which really really SHOCKS me! I seriously OD'ed on sugar last week and I was expecting MEGA withdrawals.

But even though I feel great, low carbin' is not my favorite thing to do. It is really hard and takes a lot of self discipline (which I lack at times!)

HOWEVER, I KNOW it is so so so good for me! When I'm doin' low carb, I eat less food and better quality food. Most of the processed foods out there have tons of carbs…..so they are off the list! It also takes more effort to prepare low carb food, so I find I'm not snacking as much. I think it's great. Also, my body just feels…..good. I can almost feel my blood sugar chillin. It's crazy.

*****************************

The past couple of days I've had the same breakfast….just my favorite 4 egg white omelet with a side of low carb toast topped with peanut butter. It's yummy and filling!

A low carb diet severely limits the breakfast options. Pancakes, waffles…..nope. Cereal……..uh uh. Fruit……..um, no. Oatmeal……..dang. So….eggs it is!

I did have a yummy lunch today.


Back to Protein: The Low Carb/No Carb Meat Cookbook
Learn more
Barbara Hartsock Doyen

More eggs!

I made myself an egg salad wrap….3 hard-boiled egg whites + 1 egg yolk with a little salt and pepper mixed with about 1 T. light mayo. I stuffed it all into a low carb tortilla (Mission brand is very awesome!) I even topped it with a little shredded cheddar. Yum. I served it with a side of celery and peppers dipped in Tzatziki.

Before I went to the gym, I made a yummy protein shake.

I know all my protein shakes look EXACTLY THE SAME. They usually involve chocolate protein+spinach so it = nasty greenish brown color. They are all really yummy though.

This one happened to be Chocolate Coconut. 1 C. Almond Milk, 1 Scoop Chocolate Protein, 1 T. Cocoa, 1 T. Ground Flax Seed, a drop or two of Almond and Coconut extracts, 2 big handfuls of baby spinach and ice! Yum!

*****************************

I also made a yummy dinner last night. It's not perfectly healthy, but it's not too bad. AND it IS low carb! Also, what it might lack in the health department, it more than makes up for in the easy, yummy and convenient departments.

I found the recipe on Low Carb Friends. I did change it a little bit. Here's a link to the original recipe. And, here's the recipe with my changes….


FIX-IT and FORGET-IT LIGHTLY : Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker
Learn more
Phyllis Pellman Good

Low Carb Swiss Chicken

6 (4 oz.) chicken breasts
6 oz. Swiss Cheese; sliced
1 (10oz.) can Cream of Chicken and Mushroom soup (I would usually use "Healthy Request" Cream of Chicken, but this soup had fewer carbs.)
1/2 C. light Sour Cream
1 C. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 C. slivered almonds; chopped
1/4 C. butter; melted (I will probably omit this next time)

Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.

Place chicken in single layer on bottom of pan. Lay the Swiss cheese on top of the chicken.

Mix the soup and sour cream together and spread on top of the chicken/cheese with a knife.

Mix the Parmesan cheese, melted butter and almonds in a small bowl.

Spread the cheese/butter/almond mixture on top of everything else.


Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour.


Uncover and bake for 15-20 minutes more until lightly browned and bubbly.

I know this pic looks a little..uh....gross, but it is really really yummy!! I would omit the butter next time though because it really didn't mix in and just sat on the top. It still tasted good though.

Yum!

Here's my plate! I served it with canned green beans and salad. I also made a little fruit salad for everyone else to enjoy!

All my kids loved this (except my daughter didn't like the nuts.) I loved this because it was SO SO SO easy to throw together and I just put it in the oven on a timer while I ran to the gym. It was great!

Nutritional Information (1/12 of the recipe, calculated with butter omitted): Calories: 273, Fat: 12.89 g., Sodium: 394 mg., Total Carbs: 2.7 g., Fiber 1.2 g., Sugars: 0.53 g., Protein: 35.88 g.

 

 

I am a 35 year old wife and mother of 5 beautiful children. I am a health enthusiast and am on a quest to get in the best shape of my life!! Unfortunately, I have a strong addiction to treats, so the purpose of this blog is to keep me motivated and accountable....

These are our most popular posts: how many carbs are in chicken breast?

NOOB: Please help me :)

#4: 4oz chicken breast, 50g cheddar cheese, 1oz peanuts - 480 cals - 6g carbs #5: 125g cottage cheese - 100cals - 5g carbs #6: protein shake - 125cals - 1g carbs. Total calorie count: 1575. Total carb count: 22.5. I am 22, 511, 173lbs. ... divide it by how many meals your planning on eating (6 is too many for only 1500cal imo) so leats say 4 meals/1500cals = 375cals per meal, thats 29g fat 29g protein EVERY MEAL x4 (1508cals and throw is some green leave ... read more

Health and Fitness Articles » Blog Archive » Successful Lessons ...

Here are some sources of protein that you can find almost everywhere; lean meat, fish, chicken breast, beans, peanut butter, cashew nuts, nuts, almonds, cheese, and yoghurt. Second Step. The body needs all the nutrients it ... Carbohydrate: Theres a false impression that this food category has made on many people out there, a lot of people imagine that the main reason for adding weight happens because of carbs. So they avoid cabs as much as they can but the ... read more

Chicken Alfredo

Chicken-Alfredo. We challenged ourselves recently to see how many recipes we could list involving frozen chicken breasts. Specifically, we were thinking about the large bags of frozen chicken breasts, like the ones you get at Costco ... add steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. Of course, grilled chicken would be a great addition, as well! Makes 10 servings, ½ cup each. Calories: 124. Total Fat: 9g. Saturated Fat: 3g. Cholesterol: 11mg. Carbs: 5g. Sodium: 249mg ... read more

Drink » The Transformation Solution Program – Discover The #1 ...

"No carbs? No problem. Egg whites, chicken breast and broccoli? Im on it. Avoid my favorite foods? Consider it done!" Now before you get down on yourself for not having that kind of willpower or restraint… consider the real underlying reason most people struggle to make a lasting change in their weight, health and happiness… "This is the great ... If youre like most people, this hasnt happened to you just once… its happened many times over the years. In fact, Im ... read more

Related Posts



0 コメント:

コメントを投稿