2012年2月8日水曜日

How Can Write Letter To The Dean

how can write letter to the dean

[You're My Favourite] Carrot Cake

You know he's a keeper when he sees a bakery and thinks of you.

or cake.

or unicorns.

But mostly, you know he's a keeper when he always lets you have the first bite of dessert. It's almost better than opening doors and pulling out chairs. And not noticing (or maybe he does, but decides to let you get away with it anyway) you always choose to start eating a cake from the sides because there's always more frosting there.

Today's one of those rare days I'm home alone. No one's doing anything else while I bask in the fact that it's only Saturday afternoon and already I feel productive. There isn't anyone on the phone, no one doing the ironing. It's just me, pigtails, Chrysanthemums in a vase, carrot cake in the oven the murmuring of the fan.


I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter
Learn more

Wait, we were talking about boys. Actually, let's narrow it down to one specific one. The one who knows movie lines better than I do, writes postcards and thank you notes and understands me even when I'm speaking faster than a train. He sounds better behaved than I do. I can never find my keys, always blast my music way too loud and write letters but never post them. Do you have any idea how many unposted letters I have found in my drawers and bags!? The good news is that so far all the letters to him have made it.

At least I bake. People tend to be more forgiving when you have something sweet to offer. It's a good decoy. "Hi officer, was I speeding? Wait, here's some carrot cake, it's even got frosting!"[cue: innocent smile]

Let me know if it works.

Try it out with this cake recipe. If the line doesn't work, it's probably you, definitely not the cake. Or maybe he hates carrots.


I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter
Learn more

Carrot Cake (adapted from Dean Brettschneider)

250g GF flour blend
10g baking soda
10g ground cinnamon
4 eggs
150g brown sugar
100g caster sugar
370ml canola oil (or vegetable oil)
5ml vanilla extract
200g carrots, shredded
135g crushed pineapple, well drained

1) Preheat oven to 150C. Grease and line a 9-inch round baking tin with greaseproof paper.

2) In the bowl of a standing mixer, whisk the eggs and sugars together until light in color and double in volume. Add in the oil and whisk to emulsify.

3) Whisk in the flour in 2 additions until there are no floury streaks. Remove bowl from mixer and using a spatula, fold in the carrots and pineapple until you get an even mixture. Pour into prepared tin and bake for 2-2.5 hours.

4) Remove from oven to cool and frost. Keep refrigerated.

Cream Cheese Frosting


115g cream cheese, softened
65g unsalted butter, softened
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
200g icing sugar

1) Mix all together in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add more icing sugar for a sweeter frosting or more zest/juice for a tarter one. Note that frosting will be more viscous with extra lemon juice.

Tadah- Now you can bake a Get Out of Jail Free card!

Advertisement